Interested in high impact role where you will get to solve real world customer problems? Engineering at Tiki is all about developing well rounded technologists. Technologists who are not only hands on architect/programmers but also product builders. Engineers who also understand customer needs and business strategy first hand. Our growth will expose you to building architectures that use next gen technology. Our scale of data and customer base provide the opportunity for you to innovate using AI and learning. Problems you will solve on day to day basis are first of its kind for a developing ecommerce market. Engineering at Tiki is a career building opportunity.
The Mobile App Experience (MAX) team owns the next generation e-Commerce app that’s used by millions of users and customers. The mission of the team is to blend the transactional nature of a typical e-Commerce platform with that of an engagement platform in a masterful way. As a Backend Engineer, you will play a crucial role in building high performance APIs and backend architecture that power the key features of Tiki Mobile App.
- Build high performance, scalable backend APIs
- Collaborate with other engineers, UX designers, QC and Product Managers to deliver high quality, seamless shopping experience
- Foster strong culture of software engineering best practices by implementing processes and tools (code reviews, code quality, automation, CI/CD to monitoring)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years industry experience in backend, architecture development (Java, PHP, Python, Mysql, Nosql, Redis…)
- Experience working in our stack (PHP) is a plus, but not required.
- Proficiency with cloud hosted system architectures and a variety of data storage technologies
- Deep knowledge of latest trends in software engineering best practices - code reviews, code quality, CI/CD, monitoring, multithreading and memory management
- Deep customer focus: you care deeply about the product experience, you understand users’ motivations and frustrations
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Customer-first, open-minded, data-informed culture
- Motivated, knowledge-hungry colleagues
- Many opportunities to use next gen technologies to solve interesting problems
- Stock options and healthcare
- Modern, upbeat, open plan workspace
Apply Here or send your profiles directly to firstname.lastname@example.org