TIKI strives to be a company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - TIKI continues to grow and evolve as a world-class eCommerce platform. Some of the brightest technology and business minds come to TIKI to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers.
About the Role:
TIKI is looking for a talented Merchandising Manager to drive the TikiNgon Retail Business to become a market leader in its segment. The business vision will be shared more during the application process.
The Merchandising Manager will lead a group of Buyers, the role is to bring in the relevant assortment and offers to the customer, and manage the supply bases. The successful candidate for this important role will be a self-starter, have solid experience in merchandising/procurement/buying, have creative problem-solving, show strong ownership and commitment, and bring relevant insights in merchandising.
The role will report to Retail Senior Manager.
- Team management
- Manage the team of Merchandiser/Buyer;
- Plan and execute team development;
- Support team members and provide coaching, appraisal.
- Assortment development:
- Analyzing consumer buying patterns and predicting future trends;
- Attending trade fairs to select and assemble a new collection of products;
- Explore and acquire suppliers and products.
- Category sales management:
- Shared the responsibility of sales performance of the assigned categories;
- Actively participate in sales planning, provides sufficient deals and promotions (collaborate with Marketing team);
- Regularly reviewing performance indicators, such as sales and discount levels, ensure the competitiveness of product assortment and pricing.
- In-stock planning and monitoring:
- Closely keep track of stock level, salable quantities;
- Conduct stock level planning, inbound planning (along with the Demand Planning team);
- Collaborate with Operations teams to ensure smooth logistics and warehouse operations.
- Supplier management:
- Explore, meet, negotiate… to acquire suppliers, expand the supplier base;
- Maintain good relationships with suppliers, to be the first point of contact to handle issues that occurs;
- Support Procurement and Operations teams on working with suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma/College degree;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Merchandising/Buying/Procurement/Category management;
- Working experience in big retail companies or food retail chains is preferred;
- A good network of FMCG/Food suppliers;
- Good knowledge of commercial terms, contracting, supply chain management;
- Good sense of the market, consumer trend and preference, seasonality…
- Negotiation skills, Interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of data analytics and online marketing
- Can-do attitude, result-oriented