This position is responsible for supporting the Tax Manager with tax matters of the entities in the group. In particular, the Tax Specialist is accountable for the following works:
- Tax compliance and Invoicing:
- Co-operate with team members in preparing, and filing periodic tax returns, tax payments, including Personal Income Tax (PIT), Corporate Income Tax (CIT), Foreign Contractor Tax (FCT), Value Added Tax (VAT), etc. in accordance with Vietnam tax regulations.
- Review, ensure the completeness and correctness of supporting documents for tax declarations.
- Validate tax balance sheet accounts, reconcile the alignment between tax accounts versus tax declarations.
- Take part in the invoicing process and assist with invoice-related matters.
- Tax operation & advisory:
- Assist Tax Manager to reply to tax advisory requests from other departments (Accounting, Legal, Commercial, etc.).
- Co-operate with team members in identifying and prioritizing key tax risks and assist with control monitoring.
- Research and update tax policies and tax regulations.
- A representative working with local tax office:
- Assist Tax Manager to reply to inquiries of tax authorities and tax audits.
- Liaise with tax authorities regarding the company’s tax declaration and payment.
- Other tasks assigned by Tax Manager.
- BA degree in tax/ accounting/ finance/ auditing.
- Minimum 3-year-tax experience in tax advisory firms (Big 4 preferred) and minimum 1-year-tax experience in trading companies.
- Good knowledge of tax, accounting, and commercial knowledge influencing Vietnamese tax and business transactions.
- Can produce a well-supported piece of technical research.
- Fluent English speaking & writing skills.
- Hardworking, detail-oriented, good logic, and commercial mindset.
- Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision.