TIKI strives to be a company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - TIKI continues to grow and evolve as a world-class eCommerce platform. Some of the brightest technology and business minds come to TIKI to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers.
About the Role:
TIKI is looking for a talented Category Manager to drive the Business to become a market leader in its segment. The business vision will be shared more during the application process.
The Category Manager will lead a group of Merchandisers/KAMs, the role is to bring in the relevant assortment and offers to the customer, and manage the supply bases. The successful candidate for this important role will be a self-starter, have solid experience in merchandising/procurement/buying, have creative problem-solving, show strong ownership and commitment, and bring relevant insights into merchandising.
The role will report to Commercial Director.
What you would do
- Manage the team of Merchandisers/KAMs
- Plan and execute team development
- Support team members and provide coaching and appraisal
- Analyzing consumer buying patterns and predicting future trends
- Attending trade fairs to select and assemble a new collection of products
- Explore and acquire suppliers and products
Category sales management:
- Shared the responsibility for sales and PnL performance of the assigned categories
- Actively participate in sales planning, provides sufficient deals and promotions (collaborate with the Marketing team)
- Regularly reviewing performance indicators, such as sales and discount levels, ensure the competitiveness of product assortment and pricing
In-stock planning and monitoring:
- Closely keep track of stock level and salable quantities
- Conduct stock-level planning, and inbound planning (along with the Demand Planning team)
- Collaborate with Operations teams to ensure smooth logistics and warehouse operations
- Explore, meet, and negotiate… to acquire suppliers, and expand the supplier base
- Maintain good relationships with suppliers, to be the first point of contact to handle issues that occurs
- Support Procurement and Operations teams in working with suppliers
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma/College degree
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Merchandising/Buying/Procurement/Category management
- Working experience in big retail companies or food retail chains is preferred
- A good network of FMCG/Food suppliers
- Good knowledge of commercial terms, contracting, and supply chain management
- Good sense of the market, consumer trends, and preferences, seasonality…
- Negotiation skills, Interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of data analytics and online marketing
- Can-do attitude, result-oriented