We are looking to hire an Account Receivable Manager that will be an integral part of our growing team. Candidates for Account Receivable Manager position generally need at least 5-7 years of similar position experience (working experience in E-commerce/Trading companies/Big4 using SAP software is preferred)
This role is responsible for overseeing the collection and management of outstanding customer payments, resolving any billing discrepancies, and providing regular reports to management regarding the status of accounts receivable. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical and able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Manage accounts receivable processes and ensure timely collection of payments from customers.
- Monitor and analyze accounts receivable aging reports and take appropriate actions to minimize overdue payments.
- Implement and maintain credit policies and procedures for effective credit control.
- Resolve customer billing disputes and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with sales and customer service teams to address customer payment-related issues and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Perform credit risk assessments on customers and make recommendations for credit term adjustments.
- Prepare and analyze monthly accounts receivable reports and present findings to senior management.
- Streamline accounts receivable processes by implementing automation tools and systems.
- Collaborate with finance and business teams to ensure accurate and timely recording of customer payments and revenue recognition.
- Train and mentor junior accounts receivable staff and provide guidance on best practices.
- Stay updated with accounting, industry best practices and tax regulations related to accounts receivable and ensure compliance.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers and external stakeholders to enhance cash flow and minimize bad debt.
- Prepare and present periodic financial forecasts and projections related to accounts receivable.
- Participate in cross-functional projects and initiatives to improve overall financial performance and operational efficiency.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting or finance. Professional certifications: ACCA, CPA, CFA is a plus.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in accounts receivable or related financial roles with working knowledge of e-commerce and trading companies. Experience working in Big 4 is an advantage.
- Strong experience and understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs), financial processes (i.e. receivable processes), industry best practices and relevant regulations is essential.
- Proficiency in relevant software and analytical tools/spreadsheets such as SAP, Microsoft Excel, Power BI, etc.
- Strong leadership skill, excellent interpersonal skills, resourceful with positive working attitude, experienced to lead a team of above 5 members.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently, possess a strong aptitude for accuracy, responsibility, and commitment.
- Spoken and written English skills are essential