Interested in a high-impact role where you will get to solve real-world mankind problems? Engineering at Tiki is all about developing well-rounded technologists. Technologists who are not only hands-on architects/coders but also product builders. Engineers who also understand customer needs and business strategy first hand. Our growth will expose you to building architectures that use next-gen technology. The scale of the data we have provides an opportunity for you to innovate using AI and learning. Problems you will solve on a day-to-day basis are first of their kind for the fintech market. Engineering at Tiki is a career-building opportunity.
Tiki Financial Platform Team owns the frameworks and architectures of Tiki Financial Products on Tiki eCommerce platform. As a new expansion of Tiki, this team strives to build the next generation of financial services that ensures an exceptional customer experience and a highly scalable FS platform. The team’s road map will provide a first-hand opportunity to develop a modular/open design and architecture that dynamically adapts to the fluctuating needs of insurance, wealth management, lending, digital banking...
What You‘ll Do
- Passionate about software development, data science, large data analytics and transforming organizations into analytics-led, innovative companies
- Able to apply leading software development practices and standards into robust, maintainable software solutions
- Can develop abstract analytics models to solve complex problems for decision analysis
- Actively involved in every part of the software development life cycle
- Successful at distilling complex results or processes into simple, clear visualizations and explain sophisticated data concepts in an understandable manner both verbally and written
- Experienced at guiding non-technical teams and consultants in understanding analytics at scale, infrastructure as code and best practices for robust software development
- Optimize and enhance the computational efficiency of algorithms and software design
- Motivated by a fast-paced, service-oriented environment and interacting directly with clients on new features for future product releases
- Bring bleeding-edge data science models into production together with a highly multi-disciplinary team of scientists, engineers, partners, product managers and subject domain experts
- Enjoy collaborating in teams to share software design and solution ideas
- A natural problem-solver and intellectually curious across a breadth of industries and topics
What You‘ll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- Master’s degree or PhD in Data Science, Quantitative Analytics or Business Statistics (or in a highly related area).
- 3+ years of experience in algorithms, data structures, object-oriented programming, and in software development environment.
- Analytic reasoning and complex problem solving involving mathematical programming and big data problems.
- Previous consulting experience and/or strong leadership positions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exposure to AI applications or experience building AI tools.
- Highly specialized in segmentation/ clustering/ lookalike/ propensity modelling.
- Proven ability to deploy complex analytics systems and operate them at scale (incl. logging and monitoring)
- Management/team lead experience, experience working with global and remote teams
- Experience guiding teams in addressing the technical and delivery challenges
- Experience working directly with the business to translate business requirements into product capabilities.
- Full-stack development
- Object-oriented programming in at least Python and programming in a second language (Go, Scala, Java, C++)
- Unix based command line & development tools and version control (Git)
- Very good overview of all and specialization in several of the following Tools/Languages
- Deep learning/ Machine Learning: Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch, ScikitLearn, XGBoost
- Python data stack: Pandas, Scipy, Numpy, PySpark.
- Data: Hadoop, Spark, Redis, SQL, Rest.
- DevOps: Kubernetes, Docker, CI/CD, Terraform
Inside our engineering team:
- We iterate constantly. There‘s no such thing as the best version of anything, just a constant stream of improvements and tests.
- We move fast, really fast. Major changes can be executed in a few days, many times just a few hours.
- We have a data-informed mindset. We try to use data to inform our decision as much as possible.
- We are independent. Most of the time, your team will not need technical assistance from other teams.
- We take risks. We‘re not afraid to challenge "best practices".
Our attractive offers include:
- Open communication with passionate and experienced members.
- Challenging working environment.
- Easy access to the library with tons of startup, product, UX, coding... books.
- Private healthcare insurance.
- Annual health check-ups.
- Internal events to bond our mutual understanding & spirit such as, team outing, Tiki‘s birthday, year-end party...
- Competitive salary and performance bonus.