Are you a software engineer who:
- Loves to work on the trickiest problems on the scale of millions of users?
- Never stop figuring out the best practices in programming, or tinker with a new language to broaden your skillset?
- Aspires to write quality test-driven code?
- Yearns to share your learning and learn from others?
If the answers are YES for all of the above, this is a great opportunity to join us as a Engineering Director in our mission to build great products that directly delights millions of customers.
The Checkout Experience team‘s mission is to craft the most intuitive checkout & payment for users in the stage of making a purchase on our Tiki app and website. Our challenges span across multiple spaces:
- Checkout Success: providing the most user-friendly and effective Checkout experience for our customers. We work to solve this question on our daily basis: what can we do to make customers purchase easier?
- Payment Success: providing the seamless payment experience for customers - increasing the ease of purchasing products at Tiki. We are working deliberately and resiliently to increase the success rate of payment transactions on all platforms.
- Checkout Architecture/Performance: lightning fast, and reliability - that’s how we’re building our systems with hundreds of upstream and downstream services. SLA 99.999% is a rookie number to us.
- And there are many more challenges waiting for talents like you to discover and solve with us.
We are looking for trustworthy and proactive engineering director with many years’ engineering experience and proven leadership skills.
As a Engineering Director, you will be responsible for leading multiple sub tech teams, working closely with the Product team and external stakeholders to deliver impactful solutions. You will be working on a multitude of challenging projects such as increasing peak orders per second 10x and re-architecting our checkout system for maximum independence.
- Overall responsibility for engineering activities across the business, and be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Checkout & Payment systems.
- Leading your department in identifying, comparing, selecting, and implementing technology solutions and partnerships to meet current and future needs.
- Develop the technical strategy and scalable architecture using modern distributed application software that meets the overall business requirements.
- Providing technical leadership at the department level and serving an integral role in operations and business development.
- Work with product managers and business stakeholders to understand requirements, set priorities, build the roadmap, and deliver to plan.
- Attract the best talent through your own network and by partnering with recruiting, meet aggressive hiring targets
- Mentor, coach and motivate your engineers to do the best work of their lives
- Bachelor‘s degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of experience with building backend for high traffic web and app products with complex business logic.
- 3+ years with experience as a director of engineering/ head of engineering or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department
- Solid knowledge of system architecture, API management. Have good understanding of technical debt and how to keep it manageable.
- Led optimizations projects with measured, proven & data-driven impacts contributing to business & customer.
- Proficiency with cloud-hosted system architectures and variety of data storage technologies
- Deep knowledge of the latest trends in software engineering best practices - code reviews, code quality, CI/CD, monitoring.
- Proven people leadership, team building and coaching skills
- Capability to hire, develop, and retain engineering talents
Inside our engineering team:
- We iterate constantly. There‘s no such thing as the best version of anything, just a constant stream of improvements and tests.
- We move fast, really fast. Major changes can be executed in a few days, many times just a few hours.
- We have a data-informed mindset. We try to use data to inform our decision as much as possible.
- We are independent. Most of the time, your team will not need technical assistance from other teams.
- We take risks. We‘re not afraid to challenge "best practices".
Our attractive offers include:
- Open communication with passionate and experienced members.
- Challenging working environment.
- Easy access to the library with tons of startup, product, UX, coding... books.
- Private healthcare insurance.
- Annual health check-ups.
- Special internal programs for Tikiers when shopping on Tiki.vn (free ship TikiNow service, discount...).
- Internal events to bond our mutual understanding & spirit such as team building, team outing, Tiki‘s birthday, year-end party...
- New & beautiful office with a pantry room (with bar), entertainment & gymnastic equipment and an open space facilitating cross-department communication.
- Competitive salary and performance review, 13th-month pay based on performance.
Why should you join?
- You will be working & growing with passionate & talented team
- We are a product company, we build and own our products
- We iterate constantly. There‘s no such thing as the best version of anything, just a constant stream of improvements and tests
- We have data-driven mindset, we use data to inform our decision as much as possible
- We love "best practices". Serving important features with high throughput always gives us a hitch to research and apply best practices. Any experiment or optimization is always welcomed
- We have team sharing weekly with various subjects from hot-trend technologies to trekking