As a general accountant, you’ll be tasked with managing account entries, documents, payments and finances for the company. You may supervise administrative and other accounting staff, but your primary responsibility is handing and recording internal financial transactions as well as financial transaction with the company’s clients and affiliates.
Accountant General Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Report to management regarding financial activity of the company
- Analyze and implement possible accounting solutions for discrepancies
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Works as part of the accounting department to keep finances running smoothly
- Displays excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Works in compliance with the authorities regarding accounting
- Continues education and training in order to maintain mastery of the field
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Accountant General Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance, CPA certification is a plus
- Strong technical accounting background, IFRS knowledge is a plus
- 4-5 years of experience in a relevant field with SAP experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with corporate finance
- Strong at Excel and Power BI experience a plus
- Strong aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team, with strong verbal and written and communication skills
- Ability to multi‐task in a fast‐paced, professional environment