The Checkout Experience team‘s mission is to craft the most intuitive checkout & payment for users in the stage of making a purchase on our Tiki app and website. Our challenges span across multiple spaces:
- Checkout Success: providing the most user-friendly and effective Checkout experience for our customers. We work to solve this question on our daily basis: what can we do to make customers purchase easier?
- Payment Success: providing the seamless payment experience for customers - increasing the ease of purchasing products at Tiki. We are working deliberately and resiliently to increase the success rate of payment transactions on all platforms
- Checkout Architecture/Performance: lightning fast, and reliability - that’s how we’re building our systems with hundreds of upstream and downstream services. SLA 99.999% is a rookie number to us
- And there are many more challenges waiting for talents like you to discover and solve with us
We‘re seeking an individual who has deep knowledge and practical experience in large-scale, distributed systems with complex database models and promotion logic.
As a Backend Engineer, you will play a crucial role in building high-performance, fault-tolerant and maintainable APIs that streamlines the ordering process for millions of users. You will be working on a multitude of challenging projects such as increasing peak orders per second 10x and re-architecting our checkout system for maximum independence.
What you would do
- Write high-performance production code that touches million of users
- Assess code architecture for expandability and maintainability
- Identify low-performance code for refactoring
- Automate manual processes for maximum efficiency
- Optimize code base for peak event scaling
- Support other Engineer teams to deliver critical cross-functional projects
What you should have
- Bachelor‘s degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent professional experience
- 4+ years of experience with building backend for high traffic web and app products with complex business logic
- Expert in tuning performance and identifying potential bottlenecks in a microservice architecture
- Solid knowledge of system architecture, API management
- Understanding of technical debt and how to keep it manageable
- Quick adaption to a new environment, willingness to learn
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
What Tiki would offer
Inside our engineering team:
- You will be working & growing with passionate & talented team
- We are a product company, we build and own our products
- We iterate constantly. There‘s no such thing as the best version of anything, just a constant stream of improvements and tests.
- We move fast, really fast. Major changes can be executed in a few days, many times just a few hours.
- We have a data-informed mindset. We try to use data to inform our decision as much as possible.
- We are independent. Most of the time, your team will not need technical assistance from other teams.
- We take risks. We‘re not afraid to challenge "best practices".
- We have team sharing weekly with various subjects from hot-trend technologies to trekking
Our attractive offers include:
- Hybrid working conditions
- Competitive salary and stock options
- MacBook Pro is provided
- Performance bonus up to 6 months‘ salary
- 12-day annual leave + Wellness leave + Hospitalization leave
- Meal and parking allowance are covered
- Full salary insurance and premium health care
- Annual health check-up
- Outing budget for team-building activities
- Internal events to bond our mutual understanding & spirit such as happy hour, team building, team outing, Tiki‘s birthday, year-end party, etc
- Special internal programs for Tikiers when shopping on Tiki.vn
- Modern office, cafeteria; library; computer gaming, HD TV platforms
- Dynamic, open and challenging working environment