At Tiki, we believe in growing a sustainable business with strong fundamentals. It means acquiring new customers not just based on promotion but also on excellent customer interaction with our platform. The more frequently our users spend time on our platform, the more chance we have to offer our excellent services. That is the guiding goal for our department of social commerce platform. In the backend, it means aiming for efficiency and optimization in order to scale our service with the same pace of the business’ growth.
As a member of the Social Commerce Platform Engineering team. You will have the opportunity to participate in the innovative projects at Tiki such as social commerce platform (Tiki Lướt) or mini-app platform (similar to other big player in China). Both of these platforms are newly founded within the Tiki organization and are expected to gain very fast traction. You will have the opportunity to work with the best and the brightest engineers, and we can assure that you will grow tremendously regardless of your current engineering background.
In more details, you will
- Work with your technical lead to understand the architecture, specifications and the features that we are building.
- Be expected to provide sound solutions to the feature requirements.
- Be expected to maintain our code quality standards
- Be expected to take ownership of your work and be the main person in charge in developing and maintaining your work. Of course, you will always have the whole team‘s support as we are working as a team, but we are specifically looking for someone who has a high ownership and takes pride in what they do.
- Be expected to be a team player. Our team is composed of individuals of the same blood, if you are hard core and open minded, you will find yourself home with us.
What will you do?
- Maintain and add more features to our social platform and mini-app platform. Both of these platforms are built around the React and React Native technologies.
- Our team is very compact, so each engineer will need to own up their work by writing unit tests to cover the basic functionality.
- Working closely with backend developers to understand data flow and logic, then uses that understanding to come up with your frontend solution. We are exclusively using GraphQL across all of our services. Knowledge on GraphQL is NOT a requirement but it is preferred.
- Follow Agile and DevOps practices like CI/CD to deliver quality code at speed to market
- Use experimentation and data analysis to tune your web applications to be high-performing, intuitive and functional
- Research new technologies and best practices, apply and train other team members
- Innovate, experiment, continuously improve, and learn as you go in an effort to provide simple yet effective solutions to complex problems
- Strong understanding of HTTP, HTML, CSS, Web APIs and other core Web technology concepts
- Experience with modern web frameworks (Reactjs, Nextjs, etc.)
- Strong base in OOP, Functional Programming
- Experience and passion for building complex, performance, responsive, accessible and beautiful web experiences that are well-tested, documented and monitored.
- Experience with Web and Information Security concepts and concerns, such as CORS, CSP, CSRF, XSS, etc.
- Experience in working with Agile methodology. (Scrum or Kanban)
- Performs effectively & independently in software implementation activities (designing, coding, verification, unit testing, and debugging…)
- Experience with modern web tools (npm/yarn, Babel, Browserify/Webpack, etc.)
- Experience with git, CI/CD (CircleCi/Heroku)
- Experience with Web/Visual Design, and UI/UX
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly
- Be able to read and study English document
Inside our engineering team:
- We iterate constantly. There‘s no such thing as the best version of anything, just a constant streams of improvements and tests.
- We move fast, really fast. Major changes can be executed in a few days, many times just a few hours.
- We have a data-informed mindset. We try to use data to inform our decision as much as possible.
- We are independent. Most of the time, your team will not need technical assistance from other teams.
- We take risks. We‘re not afraid to challenge "best practices".
Our attractive offers include:
- Open communication with passionate and experienced members.
- Challenging working environment.
- Easy access to the library with tons of startup, product, UX, coding... books.
- Private healthcare insurance.
- Annual health check-ups.
- Special internal programs for Tikiers when shopping on Tiki.vn (free ship TikiNow service, discount...).
- Internal events to bond our mutual understanding & spirit such as team building, team outing, Tiki‘s birthday, year-end party...
- New & beautiful office with a pantry room (with bar), entertainment & gymnastic equipment, yoga rooms, a library and an open space facilitating cross-department communication.
- Competitive salary and performance review, 13th-month pay based on performance.
Why should you join?
- You will be working & growing with passionate & talented team
- We are a product company, we build and own our products
- We iterate constantly. There‘s no such thing as the best version of anything, just a constant streams of improvements and tests
- We have data-driven mindset, we use data to inform our decision as much as possible
- We love "best practices". Serving important features with high throughput always gives us a hitch to research and apply best practices. Any experiment or optimization is always welcomed
- We have team sharing weekly with various subjects from hot-trend technologies to trekking
If you're interested in this position, you can drop your CV to email@example.com