The role of the Accounts Payable and Receivables involves providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organisation. Their role is to complete payments (control expenses by receiving payments, plus processing, verifying and reconciling invoices) and receivables. A typical Accounts Payable & Receivable job description also highlights the day-to-day management of all payment/collection cycle activities in a timely and efficient manner.
Duties and responsibilities
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Paying vendors by scheduling pay checks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally responding to all vendor enquiries regarding finance
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports
- Continuing to improve the payment process
- Maintain copies of vouchers, invoices or correspondence necessary for files
- Resolving payment discrepancies and disputes on behalf of the company
- Preparing and mailing invoices to customers
- Reconciling bank receipts and cash collected at warehouse/hub daily
- Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables' data
- Maintain accurate financial record of all receivable transactions, verifications, etc
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- A minimum of four years experience as an Account payable and receivable.
- E-commerce, Trading or Distribution industry experience would be advantageous
- ERP experience required, strong preference for SAP
- Experience working under tight deadlines
- Is flexible and able to work as part of a team.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel
- An understanding of GAAP in relation to inventory