Delivering the best customer experience is the biggest compulsion at Tiki. And our data team is one crucial part of this important mission. We have been trying to understand our customer deeply based on our massive amount of data so that we could make shopping better and easier for our customer as well as grow our business quickly.
Data Engineer at Tiki take responsibility for building a platform to get useful insights, predict what will happen on many billion records in only a few seconds for business to make a decision immediately.
To answer this question is not simple, so we are looking for a talent data engineer to help us to build a data platform with strong architecture. And since we are just at the beginning of the road, you can let your imagination run free. We encourage everyone to dare to try new things and even make some mistakes, after all, it is all part of life and learning.
Responsibilities for Data Engineer:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Google Cloud ‘big data’ technologies.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work closely with product owner, data analyst and data scientist to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Why you will want to work here:
- Tiki’s culture that's open for new ideas and sharing.
- Opportunities to deliver big impacts are everywhere.
- Great opportunity to dive deeply into a big data system.
- A minimum 2 years experience with Python is required.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management and big data tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka.
- Experience with cloud-based system Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services: BigQuery, Dataflow, EC2, EMR, Redshift.
- Good at math is a plus.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE:
Inside our engineering team:
- We iterate constantly. There's no such thing as the best version of anything, just a constant streams of improvements and tests.
- We move fast, really fast. Major changes can be executed in a few days, many times just a few hours.
- We have a data-informed mindset. We try to use data to inform our decision as much as possible.
- We are independent. Most of the time, your team will not need technical assistance from other teams.
- We take risks. We're not afraid to challenge "best practices".
Our attractive offers include:
- Open communication with passionate and experienced members.
- Challenging working environment.
- Easy access to the library with tons of startup, product, UX, coding... books.
- Private healthcare insurance.
- Annual health check-ups.
- Special internal programs for Tikiers when shopping on Tiki.vn (free ship TikiNow service, discount...).
- Internal events to bond our mutual understanding & spirit such as team building, team outing, Tiki's birthday, year-end party...
- New & beautiful office with a pantry room (with bar), entertainment & gymnastic equipment, yoga rooms, a library and an open space facilitating cross-department communication.
- Competitive salary and performance review (twice a year), 13th-month pay based on performance.